Welcome to Groz-Beckert
Special circumstances require special measures. We would have liked to have welcomed you at numerous trade fairs in person this year, but we are delighted to be able to pass on Groz-Beckert news in the form of the virtual event ITA – and to interact with you via this platform.
Get in touch
Feel free to get in touch with us at our virtual trade fair booth via the live chat or video call function. Dialog with you - even at a virtual trade fair - is particularly important to us.
Our product highlights
Groz-Beckert's main focus at Innovate Textile & Apparel 2020 will be on the Knitting and Weaving product areas. You will find a wealth of information about selected products and services both here and at our trade fair booth.
For the product areas Felting, Tufting, Carding or Sewing, all information is available at www.groz-beckert.com as usual. Please do not hesitate to contact us in person.
With more than 160 years of experience and know-how, Groz-Beckert now produces and sells over 50,000 products for the knitting industry.
Circular knitting: SAN™ SF & SNK SF
Perfect for staple fibers
When using staple fiber yarns on large diameter circular knitting machines, accumulations of fiber residues, fiber abrasion, dirt and other yarn components can result in deposits in the channels of the needle carrier.
The special application needle SAN™ SF and Sinker SNK SF effectively reduce dirt accumulation and significantly extend cleaning intervals. The result is increased productivity and reduced production costs.
Special application needle SAN™ SF
The SAN™ SF special application needle is characterized by two special features: a needle shaft closed at the bottom and humps with cleaning function.
Advantages of the SAN™ SF special application needle:
- Reduced contamination of the needle tricks
- Longer cleaning intervals and reduced machine downtimes – optimal results in combination with sinker for SNK SF staple fibers
- Even loop structure and increased productivity
Learn more about the SAN™ SF special application needle here.
Sinker SNK SF
The sinker for SNK SF staple fibers is characterized by a special technical feature; an opening on the front part of the sinker. This achieves a self-cleaning effect.
Advantages of the sinker for staple fibers SNK SF:
- Reduced contamination of the sinker tricks
- Longer cleaning intervals and reduced machine downtimes – optimal results in combination with special application needle SAN™ SF
- Even loop structure and increased productivity
Find out more about the sinker for SNK SF staple fibers here.
Legwear: Needles with dur™ technology
Sock and hosiery machines are highly complex systems, which, in turn, have to master complex production processes. This not only requires high-quality needles, but also a wide range of perfectly coordinated system parts.
Needles with dur™ technology are a further development of the Groz-Beckert sock needle for use under high loads and are characterized by increased hook stability, increased latch stability and a modified slit design.
Benefits of needles with dur™ technology:
- Reduced hook breakages and pulled hooks
- Reduction in bent latches and guaranteed latch movement, even with slightly bent needle latches
- Reduced machine downtimes and rejects – resulting in higher productivity
Flat knitting: The right tool for any occasion
The range of products that can be produced on flat knitting machines is varied, with potential for countless additional applications. To make use of this potential, needles and system parts are required, that are capable of fulfilling the requirements for producing these products. The SAN™ TT needle specially designed by Groz-Beckert for technical applications is an example of such a development.
Advantages of the SAN™ TT needle for technical textiles:
- Reduced hook breakages due to increased hook stability
- Safe spring-loaded function
- No hairy product surface thanks to anti-shear effect when using continuous filament yarns
- Optimized loop cast-off due to narrow latch head for firm loops
We also offer suitable needles and system parts for knitting in extremely fine gauges – Groz-Beckert offers the right knitting tool for any application and occasion.
Find out more about the SAN™ TT needle for technical textiles here or watch the animation on the topic at our virtual trade fair booth.
Warp knitting: A well-coordinated team
With warp knitting, even the smallest irregularities can have a major impact on the product quality. A uniform loop structure can only be achieved with perfect warp knitting tools. This is why Groz-Beckert places great importance on precision and a system-oriented approach.
Interaction of system parts and compound needles
- Ideally matching functions and tolerances of all warp knitting tools – even for highest speeds and finest gauges
- Long-term stable warp knitting process and flawless fabric quality due to the perfect interactionof system parts and compound needles
- Short set-up times, reduced machine downtimes for highest productivity
- Everything from a single source – with its system concept Groz-Beckert sets a new standard
Groz-Beckert's technical expertise supports your entire value chain. You will receive not only versatile and high quality weaving accessories, but a total package that includes weaving preparation and service.
Weaving accessories: healds
Functional healds are the small but decisive detail for greater efficiency and productivity of the weaving machine.
Advantages of Groz-Beckert healds:
- Suitable for all standard weaving machine types
- High wear resistance thanks to lightweight and stable material - even under extreme requirements
- Lower friction and less abrasion of the warp material - resulting in reduced contamination of the harness
- Ideal interaction with automatic drawing-in systems
- Gentle transitions during changes thanks to the OPTIFIL thread eye
Advantages of OPTIFIL thread eye:
- Row densities up to 30% higher than with a standard thread eye
- Yarn-friendly transitions during changes
- Increased machine efficiency
- Reduced warp thread breakage
- Increased machine speed
Weaving preparation: the KnotMaster
The KnotMasters from Groz-Beckert are powerful knotting machines boasting the latest in technology and ease of use for different applications and different types of yarn, including cotton, synthetic and spandex. Customers benefit from rapid warp change and reduced idle times, and thereby from economical weaving preparation.
The advantages at a glance:
- User and maintenance-friendly modular system
- Compact design
- Single and double knots
- Up to 600 knots per minute
- Thread breakage monitoring
Welcome to the Groz-Beckert Customer Portal
Benefit from a versatile product portfolio.
A quick product search makes the system easier to use.
Experience transparent product information with clear images and important technical data.
You can also find information on prices and availability in real time.
A simple ordering process rounds off the application.
A visualization of your business figures at Groz-Beckert is available in the Customer Portal.