The product sector Carding
Whether for short or long staple spinning or for the nonwovens industry, Groz-Beckert provides the appropriate tools for any application.
The right choice of card clothing is crucial to obtaining optimum carding results. Groz-Beckert supplies high quality card clothing for all roller cards and revolving flat cards and areas of application. The selection includes metallic card clothing, stationary flats, flexible card clothing and revolving tops in various steel qualities and with different surface finishes.
The product range is supported by Groz-Beckert's comprehensive service, which includes consulting and product recommendation, mounting service and roller repair, as well as start-up of carding lines.
The history of carding
At Groz-Beckert, the history of carding goes back to the invention of metallic card clothing at the beginning of the 20th century.
- In 1923 the company Platt Frères was awarded the patent for the invention of metallic card clothing.
- In the 1950s English Card Clothing (ECC) was founded as a consolidation of five card clothing companies.
- In 1973 ECC bought Platt Frères and became active in metallic card clothing. ECC itself survived in Great Britain with its flexible card clothing.
- In 2005 the Belgian Bekaert Group, supplier to card clothing manufacturers, took over the entire ECC Group and merged it with two other card clothing companies – Damgaard from Germany and Sobelcard in Belgium.
- Within ten years Bekaert Carding Solutions had become one of the largest suppliers of metallic card clothing in the world.
- In 2015 Bekaert Carding Solutions was taken over by Groz-Beckert and now represents the independent product group Carding.
Historic cotton card
- Products and services for carding PDF-Dokument, 1.93 MB
- Card clothing for the nonwovens industry PDF-Dokument, 1.65 MB
- Card clothing for short staple PDF-Dokument, 2.74 MB
- SiroLock doffer and worker wires PDF-Dokument, 0.44 MB
- EvoStep doffer and worker wires PDF-Dokument, 0.24 MB
- Doffer wire for synthetic fibres PDF-Dokument, 0.18 MB
- Accessories PDF-Dokument, 0.59 MB
Are you already familiar with our newsletter?
The Groz-Beckert newsletter keeps you informed on all the latest developments in the textile world. Would you like to know more? Go ahead and register.to the newsletter